jueves, 30 de julio de 2009

Speeding Ticket

Funny thing happened.
Last tuesday I got pulled over on the way home. I was speeding 60 miles (the officer even had a spedometer in hand!) in a (supposedly) 30 mile zone. I was surprised as one rarely gets pulled over for speeding in this country. Anyway, he gave me the option of paying on the spot (with a debit card) so I did... a whole 14 USD. I let him know that I respected him for not asking for a bribe like all the other police men, he was so flattered that he cut my fine by 50%
Anyway, I went on my way and all was fine.
TODAY, I got pulled over again, same spot, same car, same officer! I was going a bit slower than last time and he laughed when he noticed it was me again. He was nice enough to let me go. That about puts the cherry on my good day :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario